CT Chest , Abdomen and Pelvis:
- A routine test to stage the bowel cancer and for surveillance of bowel cancer.
- A special scan to investigate the large bowel. This test is used where colonoscopy is not possible due to technical reason or patient is too frail to take oral laxative bowel prep for colonoscopy.
- A routine test to stage the rectal cancer and investigate the fistula in ano.
- MRI Enterography: A routine test to investigate small bowel conditions such as Crohn's Disease.
- Barium Meal and Follow-through: A test used to investigate the small bowel abnormalities eg strictures.